Bacterial vaginosis is considered to be a very embarrassing problem that plagues the life of many women. It has some very awkward symptoms that are enough irritating to turn you off. This common vaginal disease is associated with itching and swelling in the vagina along with odorous white vaginal discharge. Chronic vaginosis sufferers report of a dirty feeling due to persistent foul smell from the vagina and incessant itching problem in that area. To get rid of bacterial vaginosis, two types of treatments can be taken help of. Though antibiotics are used to get rid of BV, they do not assure permanent cure. Chances are high that vaginal infections can recur with time. It is due to this that alternative methods are better preferred and better recommended to effectively get rid of bacterial vaginosis. If you learn about the factors that give rise to the disease you will probably come to know that excessive douching, frequent switching of sex partners, indulging in unsafe sex and bad hygiene habits can give rise to BV.
So how can you actually get rid of bacterial vaginosis?
Bacterial vaginosis is a common hygiene problem with women. It can affect anyone irrespective of age. If you want to cure BV you need to patiently go through every line of this article to get a thorough knowledge of some of the most effective treatments that can help you get rid of bacterial vaginosis.
- Use hydrogen peroxide- Excessive douching is strictly advised against in treating BV. But douching with hydrogen peroxide is considered an effective remedy. Use douches dipped in hydrogen peroxide locally in this region. Use daily for a week for better results. This terminates the harmful bacteria that lead to the disease.
- Have safe and protected sex: Abstain from all kinds of sexual contact when you are suffering from bacterial vaginosis. Do not indulge in sex with a number of partners and always use protections.
- Practice hygiene- Washing and cleaning the vaginal area is a must thing that should be kept in mind. While doing this never use a perfumed soap, instead use mild soap and lukewarm water to clear the vagina of excess discharge and smell.
- To get rid of bacterial vaginosis you must have powerful and solid dietary tactics that will give build a strong immune system. Cut down on the intake of food that has saturated fats because they play an important role to trigger bacterial vaginal infections. Increase Vit E intake as it is a powerful antioxidant and guards every women from being affected by bacterial problems in vagina. Vit E can be taken according to permissible amounts every day. The recommended daily dose of Vit E is 22 international units per day. Rich sources of natural Vit E are almonds, safflower oil, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds. Lastly Folic acid in regular diet also helps to get rid of BV. This important nutrient can be found in breakfast cereals, spinach, avocado, asparagus, green peas, etc. the daily recommended dosage of folic acid for women belonging to more than 14 years of age is 400 micrograms and 600 micrograms for pregnant women. This dosage has to be taken regularly.
- Antibiotic treatment is prescribed as the first course of treatment. Normally three main drugs are given to treat bacterial infections which are Metronidazole, Tinidazole, and Clindamycin. But for every woman’s knowledge antibiotic treatment does not help to get rid of bacterial vaginosis permanently.
- Acidophilus helps- You can either rub the vagina with acidophilus powder or can also make a douche by mixing one tsp of the powder with 2 cups of lukewarm water. This needs to be practised daily for a week. Another option you have in hand is to insert acidophilus gelatine capsules into the vagina before going to bed and keep it overnight.
We hope your answer to get rid of BV has been met with well. The aforesaid is the different ways to keep the disease under control. Do you want to gather more information about how to get rid of bacterial vaginosis permanently? Check BVCures.com for long-lasting cure of the disease and that too within just three days.